HRIS and Payroll Coordinator
Houston, TX Posted: 10/29/2018
Position requires ownership of HRIS and Payroll duties related to the collection and processing of employee data for full employment life cycle from hire to termination, day-to-day interaction with clients as well as close interactions with other members of HRIS, Payroll, HR, Benefits, Accounting, Tax and Finance.
- Manage and coordinate start dates of multiple hires, rehires, terminations, promotions and transfers daily
- Data entry in HRIS and Payroll related systems
- Prepare and enter or batch import payroll data into ADP EV5
- Set up pre-employment background and drug screening and coordinate review and approval of results with HR
- Scan, upload and file employee documentation ensuring documents collected and maintained support record retention requirements as needed
- Provide support to new candidates with system issues related to onboarding and access to systems
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests to password resets
- Use system and process knowledge to consult with HR Reps to ensure that all employee record updates are complete, comprehensive and accurate
- Assist with the preparation of biweekly payroll for over 2500 employees
- Assist in maintaining accurate payroll records and providing documentation as needed
- Assist in maintaining time-off accruals, pay rules and schedules in ADP eTime, ensuring proper use of pay codes, overseeing employee and supervisory sign-offs and exporting accurate hours and accrual files for payroll
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and Federal wage and hour laws, EOG Time and Attendance Policy, EOG defined payroll audit processes and EOG SOX Processes
- Backup to other HRIS team members as needed
- Support of all SOX compliance reviews
- Perform cleanup projects relating to employee data
- High School diploma, plus 3+ years of HRIS and payroll experience
- Experience with working in a confidential environment and ability to maintain confidential data
- Must have strong computer skills i.e. Word, Excel
- Must be able and willing to work independently and with others
- Must be able to instruct others through use of various HRIS applications
- Must multi-task and prioritize different duties as needed and have the ability to learn new skills
- Must be organized, team player and possess strong communication skills
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here