Oklahoma City, OK Posted: 11/1/2018
The Accounting Specialist will be responsible for preparing monthly accounting journals for cost allocations, partner billings, and accruals; accumulating data for monthly and quarterly reporting; perform reconciliations and ad hoc analysis; analyze operations project costs; coordinate accounting projects; participate in budgeting, planning, and forecasting activities; and other tasks as assigned. This position will entail developing a well-rounded knowledge of the Company's operations, accounting processes and systems, and COPAS accounting guidelines with particular emphasis on joint interest billing, overhead calculation, and cost allocation requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred. A Bachelor's degree in related business field with a minimum of 18 hours of Accounting may be considered.
- MBA, CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- 7+ years upstream exploration & production accounting work experience
- Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated with ability to multi-task
- Requires accuracy and strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and to communicate/interact with Division operational managers and personnel
- Proficient knowledge of Windows, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of AS/ 400 system, MS Query, or SQL a plus
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here