Safety & Environmental Representative II
Midland, TX Posted: 1/14/2019
EOG Resources, Midland Division is seeking an Environmental Representative to join our EHS team. This position will report to the Division Environmental Manager and will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced oil and gas environment. The position will provide remediation support, due diligence, SPCC preparation and other associated activities in the Permian Basin. This position requires recurring work outdoors and frequent out of town travel. We are looking for a self-motivated, hard-working team player who pays attention to details. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential. The successful candidate will demonstrate that he or she can take ownership of the job responsibilities and hold themselves accountable for their successful completion.
- Working knowledge of New Mexico and Texas environmental regulations, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) State/Federal regulations desired
- Perform field activities including, soil sampling, groundwater sampling, well gauging, surveying, monitor well installation oversight, remedial excavations, and fieldwork oversight
- Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete deliverable report
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships, manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Record data, prepare reports, provide analysis and interpretations of findings
- Handle activities for environmental monitoring and remediation projects, including effectively managing the implementation of project work plans including scheduling, reporting, budgeting support, subcontractor coordination and regulatory interaction
- Demonstrated understanding of due diligence report preparation including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- Help prepare a variety of plans, including, but not limited to: SPCC, due diligence, and other related plans
- Monitor and trend spill data
- Create charts and reports
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of existing and proposed regulations
- Provide regulatory interpretations and technical guidance to operations utilizing effective communication techniques.
- Input and mine data from EOG's management systems
- Prepare spill notifications and reports to the applicable agencies in New Mexico and Texas
- Other tasks as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree in environmental science, engineering or a related technical field preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years related environmental experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced mathematical, science, and analytical abilities.
- Proficient use of PC-based applications (MS Office) is required.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of TCEQ, RRC, NMED, BLM and OCD regulations is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of other environmental laws including but not limited to; RCRA, SDWA, CERCLA, SARA, and Clean Water Act.
- Oil and Gas industry experience.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here