Safety & Environmental Specialist
Vernal, UT Posted: 2/20/2019
EOG Resources, is seeking an Environmental Specialist to join our EHS team. This position will report to the Environmental Supervisor and will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced oil and gas environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing environmental programs for compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry (experience with midstream operations is preferred as well). The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: spill response and remediation support; air compliance inspections, air permitting support, SPCC compliance inspections and plan upkeep, due diligence support, storm water inspections, site inventory, site diagram development, avian and wildlife protection, waste management including TENORM survey, support agency compliance inspections and audits, various sampling support of environmental media and oversight of general housekeeping of operations as pertaining to environmental quality and protection. This position requires recurring work outdoors, exposure to inclement weather and frequent travel to the field/facility sites (20% office, 80% field work). Broad knowledge of federal and state environmental laws and regulations is required, and experience with agency personnel and reporting programs is preferred. We are looking for a self-motivated, hard-working team player who pays attention to details. The position requires an individual who is personable and works effectively with others at all levels from lease operator to field superintendent. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working alone while being fully capable of working within a team and interdisciplinary setting. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential. The successful candidate will demonstrate that he or she can take ownership of the job responsibilities and hold themselves accountable for their successful completion.
- Promote environmental awareness at all levels of field management and operations.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) State/Federal regulations desired
- Conduct monthly training for field operations personnel on various standard and/or emerging environmental matters
- Perform field activities including, soil sampling, groundwater sampling, well gauging, surveying, monitor well installation oversight, remedial excavations, and fieldwork oversight
- Perform LDAR and AVO inspections in accordance with federal regulatory and internal EOG requirements
- Provide minor maintenance support to operations to support compliance programs and applicable repair deadlines
- Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete deliverable reports (internally and to external parties/agencies)
- With the support of the Air team, advise production operations and facility engineers on permitting requirements and obligations, emission control options, facility design and air compliance documentation
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships, manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Record data, prepare reports, provide analysis and interpretations of findings
- Handle activities for environmental monitoring and remediation projects, including effectively managing the implementation of project work plans including scheduling, reporting, budgeting support, subcontractor coordination and regulatory interaction
- Develop site facility/security diagrams and record equipment inventories to support various compliance programs (ex. air permitting, GHG, SPCC and BLM Onshore Order 3) using a strong knowledge of oil and gas operations and processes
- Help maintain a variety of plans, including, but not limited to: SPCC, storm water, due diligence, waste management and other related compliance plans
- Input, monitor and trend spill data
- Create charts and reports
- Support annual implementation of internal audit program to assess comprehensive compliance of operations within the basin
- Attend industry trade group meetings and participate in industry regulatory efforts
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of existing and proposed environmental regulations
- Provide regulatory interpretations and technical guidance to operations utilizing effective communication techniques
- Input and mine data from EOG's compliance management systems
- Prepare spill notifications and reports to the applicable agencies
- Other tasks as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree in environmental science, engineering or a related technical field preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5-10+ years of oil and gas related environmental experience
- Advanced mathematical, science, and analytical abilities
- Proficient use of PC-based applications (MS Office including Visio) is required
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here