Oklahoma City, OK Posted: 2/28/2019
Under the guidance of the Division Materials Manager, the Materials Specialist will be responsible for the direct support of the Division’s Drilling and Completions Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) needs and several other aspects of the supply chain management process as it relates to Materials Management.
The Materials Specialist will coordinate the purchase, supply and warehousing of OCTG equipment and materials needed by Division Operations, including Drilling, Completions and Production, as well as the Materials Warehouse group. This includes, but is not limited to the following areas of responsibility:
- Purchase, coordinate and expedite the flow of OCTG materials, parts and assemblies between vendors, departments, field offices and divisions.
- Requisition material and coordinate delivery according to scheduled priorities and material availability.
- Inspect material delivered to operations customer-base to ensure quality and verify conformance with engineering specifications.
- Coordinate transfer of materials to meet operations schedules.
- Analysis of material required to complete projects applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
- Coordinate the divestment, inspection, repair, returns, and warranty-replacement of materials, parts and assemblies.
- Compile and maintain manual or computerized records, such as material transfers, available inventory, status and location of materials.
- Reconciliation of all tubular goods including wells and warehouse.
This role will require an in-depth understanding of the Division’s operational areas; and include the need for ongoing communications with all areas of operations to ensure that the daily material and equipment needs are met on a timely basis.
Other specific functions will be assigned from time-to-time, as needed.
High School diploma or GED is required, Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred. 5 - 10+ years of experience within the Oil and Gas industry’s supply chain management discipline is desired, with extensive knowledge of casing and tubing. Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary. Strong computer skills including Excel and Word are required. This position will involve travel to field locations and vendor facilities. Position requires to share on-call duties nights and weekends.
Position will be filled commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here