Reservoir Engineer II
Houston, TX Posted: 5/14/2019
Reservoir engineering position in the corporate engineering group responsible for maximizing value of company assets through reserve and production growth. Duties include technical evaluation of prospects and producing properties, well and reservoir surveillance functions and SEC reserve evaluation. Must be self-motivated and able to work individually as well as within an integrated team environment.
- Conduct reservoir engineering evaluations on selected properties to evaluate their potential, predict reservoir performance, evaluate completion strategies, optimize future depletion and development plans. Such evaluations may include pressure and rate transient analysis, fracture optimization, decline curve analysis, nodal analysis, material balance calculations, well and reservoir modeling, EOR studies and economic analysis. Some operational and stimulation knowledge is preferred.
- Support Division engineering and exploration teams through detailed engineering assessments of plan and prospect opportunities. Prepare project economics as required.
- Make presentations to senior management as required.
- Perform SEC reserve evaluation on company assets with emphasis on properly valuing assigned assets. Approximately 25% of time is dedicated to SEC reserve functions.
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams, prioritize projects and must have good interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of BS in Engineering, preferably Petroleum.
- Must have 3+ yrs of reservoir engineering experience in oil & gas industry. Some operations knowledge desired.
- Must have strong technical background in reservoir engineering including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, EOR studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc. and a good understanding of geology. Petrophysical analysis skills and reservoir simulation knowledge helpful.
- Must have a working knowledge of commercial oil and gas economics software. Experience with Aires for Windows is preferred.
- Able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have good presentation, communication and technical writing skills.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans And Disabled Persons.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here