Safety & Environmental Assistant
Houston, TX Posted: 7/16/2019
The Safety and Environmental (S&E) Assistant provides support to the compliance activities associated with all operations. This position is primarily administrative involving the completion, coordination, organization and retention of compliance-related documents and thus involves the use of computers, filing systems, and other office equipment. However, the position may entail visits to field offices and possibly some occasional field visits.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinate transfer of information needed for support
- Maintain S&E file system
- Coordinate DOT, OSHA and MSHA data gathering and reporting
- Maintain data including invoice receiving, logging, coding and processing
- Maintain FracFocus reporting database
- Assist in coordinating safety orientation meetings for Houston office staff
- Manage/assist divisions with Active Learner on-line training/documentation system.
- Manage/assist divisions with MSDSonline SDS database.
- Manage S&E documentation sent to and received via mail and e-mail from various regulatory and environmental agencies, field personnel, vendor personnel
- Assist in data gathering for annual reports to state and federal agencies
- Maintain the incident reporting database
- Assist S&E in maintaining supply of personnel protective equipment including FRC program, gas monitoring equipment and other programs as needed for the Houston office
- Coordinate extra-curricular meetings and training sessions
- As requested, assist with additional environmental and safety-related activities and tasks.
This position is entry-level. Must be willing to learn safety and environmental regulations and related science. Good organizational and record keeping skills are required. Computer literacy is required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred; high school diploma or GED is required.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here