Information Systems Operations Lead
Houston, TX Posted: 8/13/2019
- Responsible for support and operations of EOG’s Enterprise network systems.
- The position requires the ability to lead and mentor team members in the lifecycle support of the network and the associated management systems, while working with operations teams to improve system availability and efficiencies.
- Develops network architecture designs, studies and plans; supports design, test readiness, and operational readiness reviews
- Develops, implements, and manages network engineering processes including configuration management and design standards to ensure compliance, relevancy, and sustainability
- Proactively researches and evaluates tools and technologies, as appropriate, to the network environment, while developing solutions to increase performance and lower the total cost of ownership
- Performs capacity planning of the network by monitoring and analyzing network, performance and availability
- Provides Tier III technical engineering support by providing trouble resolution of the network infrastructure and perform on-call duties and off-hours support when needed
- In depth implementation and troubleshooting experience of networks using concepts/protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, MPLS VPNs and emerging concepts such as Software Defined Networking
- Experience configuring various network devices and services (e.g., Cisco routers, Cisco Nexus Data Center switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, A10 load balancers, VPN, QoS, Voice and Wireless systems support, Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, Dell Force 10 Networking devices, etc.).
- Performs network maintenance and system upgrades, including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Experience with LAN and datacenter technologies such as Ethernet, Spanning Tree Protocol, First Hop Redundancy protocols.
- Works within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Monitors work incidents/requests coming through the ITSM system related to the network queue.
- Coordinates with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related degree preferred; 10+ years relevant networking experience. CCNA required, CCNP, CCDA/CCDP preferred.
Advanced level computer skills required, including:
- Proven experience and success with enterprise class LAN, WAN, WLAN, design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Proven experience with network infrastructure security technologies and best practices, including, Router/Switch security, Firewall Management (ASA, FWSM), protecting edge perimeter network devices, experience and understanding security logging for monitoring and incident response, wired and wireless guest design, ISE and NAC experience a plus.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge and experience working in an enterprise class network environment [multiple WAN locations, international locations, multiple data centers, high speed Campus and MAN links, VLAN separation]
- Good knowledge of VOIP technology, including [QoS, MGCP, RTP, SIP, H.323]
- Excellent working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and network services, including [Cisco 3750, 3560, 2960, 2950, 4500, 6500 class switches, NEXUS switches (2Ks, 5Ks and 7Ks), all ISR router platforms with related interface cards, ASA 55xx platforms, TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, STP, PBR, VRF, MLPP, SNMP, and related protocols.
- Excellent hardware and IOS troubleshooting experience.
- Network management, performance monitoring, network monitoring, inventory, and backup tool software experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits, packet capturing, and protocol analysis experience.
- Self-starter who can work independently while supporting the needs of the team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to gather information, eager to learn and apply knowledge with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with multi-functional teams and diverse customer population.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate level mathematical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with company leaders and MNA.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under short timelines.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 25%.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer incuding Veterans and Disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here