Community Relations and Communications Representative
Houston, TX Posted: 10/30/2019
The Community Relations & Communications Representative, reporting to EOG's Government Relations group, will support communications initiatives, specifically directed toward employee engagement and community outreach.
The Community Relations & Communications Representative will regularly coordinate with EOG’s division offices, Human Resources department and other departments as necessary.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with Corporate Communications, Human Resources and EOG division offices to develop an EOG Community Investment Plan.
- Develop a rollout strategy and budget, and implement an internal communications.
- Establish an internal Community Investment Advisory Committee to help provide insight and feedback on initiatives.
- Coordinate communications to executive management on community investment including quarterly updates and an annual report.
- Identify existing and potential opportunities for building relationships with local stakeholders, including first responders, civic organizations, non-profit groups, and local elected officials.
- Work with division personnel and subject matter experts to help build relationships, share best practices, and identify opportunities for future collaboration.
- Attend local community and civic meetings to identify areas of opportunity for further engagement and identify potential risks to future capital and operations plans.Participate in local/regional community affairs organizations within each of EOG’s divisions
- Coordinate with appropriate division staff to mitigate risks.
- Coordinate with Communications, Public Relations and Government Relations to determine appropriate plans for move forward.
- Participate in local/regional community affairs organization within each of EOG's divisions
- Assist with developing and implementing an Internal Communications Plan that aligns with overall department and company goals to engage and educate employees on our business objectives.
- Assist with managing Government Relations’ “Voter Education” site and establish an editorial calendar for content and engagement.
- Create and edit content for the online employee magazine, and determine most effective and relevant methods for distributing employee content, in conjunction with employee intranet initiatives.
- Collaborate with HR to help plan and promote internal employee events at Headquarters, including blood drives, health fairs, town halls, holiday parties, MS150 participation, etc. Support division efforts to host employee events as needed.
- Assist in overseeing EOG’s corporate giving program, ensuring that chosen charities and events support EOG’s philanthropic interests. Ensure that multi-year pledge payments are made in a timely manner.
- Gather data from divisions, S&E, HR, and Wellness Ambassadors relative to volunteer activities, community relations activities, cash donations, donations in kind, training, etc. for annual Sustainability Report, as well as online employee magazine.
- Develop and implement a method to track, monitor, measure and report corporate and division community relations activities.
- Track corporate and division volunteer activities.
- Provide guidance to divisions on community engagement and help identify strategic community investment initiatives.
- Compile volunteer and community relations activities data to be included in the annual EOG Sustainability Report as well as the online employee magazine/newsletters.
- Work with Public Relations and Communications colleagues, as well as with recipient organizations, to identify opportunities to publicize community relations activities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assist with redesigning and updating the employee intranet portal (in coordination with IS). Develop a regular editorial calendar and strategy for content updates.
- Establish regular employee communications (via email) about upcoming events, noteworthy news, etc. Support corporate-wide initiatives, but also coordinate with Division contacts to assist in their specific initiatives and promote via an intranet events calendar.
- Assist with EOG’s Matching Gifts Program (in coordination with HR).
- Assist with the planning, promotion, and execution of United Way campaigns at Headquarters as well as supporting Division United Way campaigns.
- Help establish internal protocols/schedules for frontline training and public speaking training, and work with External Communications/IR on conducting these training sessions.
- Contribute to daily news clips – coordinating with IR to capture and compile news – and monitor social media.
- Assist in developing content for Sustainability Report and external website.
- Serve as backup for crisis communications, providing communications support in the case of an incident.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, or similar discipline. 5+ year’s communications, community engagement, public relations or similar experience. Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and willingness to provide previous writing samples. Self-starter, with ability to meet deadlines. Working knowledge of digital media platforms and content management systems. Ability to travel up to 30%.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here