Internal Controls Analyst
Houston, TX Posted: 8/9/2019
The Internal Controls Analyst, along with the members of the Internal Controls department, will work to assist in the delivery of the internal controls framework across EOG.
- Analyze the risks and the design of controls around key business processes and provide fundamental guidance on the control environment to the organization
- Work with Process Owners to create/update the flowcharts, narratives, and control matrices
- Support Internal Controls and the Process Owners in the successful execution of the quarterly SOX self-certification process
- Review the Quarterly General Ledger Reconciliations for compliance with the Policy
- Develop and present hands-on training to Accountants at Headquarters, Divisions, and Trinidad on Excel, SQL, and Access to enhance Accounting’s ability to efficiently download data and incorporate automation into their everyday tasks
- Cultivate and maintain a collaborative relationship with Process Owners, Internal Audit, External Audit, and other key business stakeholders to ensure a thorough understanding of the business, relevant financial reporting risks, and core processes
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Financial related degree is required. A Business related degree with a minimum of 18 Accounting hours will also be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years’ Oil and Gas accounting is required
- 2+ years' experience in internal controls and audit is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL, and Access
- Ability to analyze requests and make recommendations to improve processes and controls
- Comprehensive understanding of E & P operations
- Strong ability to provide excellent customer service and collaborate across multiple functions and levels of the organization
- Proficient knowledge of Word and Visio
- Highly motivated with the desire to make a positive impact and the ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel, approximately 10%, including overnight travel.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportuntiy/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here