Production Accounting Analyst
Midland, TX Posted: 10/3/2019
The Production Analyst is responsible for setting up all new wells and equipment, as well as assisting in managing and reporting on complete and accurate oil, gas and water volumes. This position is also responsible for various regulatory filings with the Texas Railroad Commission, New Mexico Oil & Gas, and ONRR. This individual will be a hands-on, motivated, dependable, well- organized results-oriented professional that can interface effectively with revenue accounting, production operations, marketing, and vendors.
- Set up new wells and production changes in production accounting system
- Analyze and reconcile daily/monthly volumes for gas/oil/water
- Prepare monthly volumes to be received by marketing and revenue groups
- Maintain and ensure accuracy and data integrity of PROCOUNT production system.
- Identify and analyze volume discrepancies, troubleshoot problems and make corrections.
- Prepare and submit regulatory filings related to production data
- Ensure internal controls are followed and participate in internal and external audits
- Assist with the integration of acquisitions and divestitures as it relates to production data
- Validate and reconcile oil invoices/statements to daily/monthly run tickets
- Validate and reconcile off load systems with sales tickets
- Input gas volumes from gas statements/validate and reconcile as needed.
- Research and compile production data for engineers, and others as requested.
- Work closely with field personnel to ensure timely and proper transmission of production data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred
- 5+ year’s previous production experience.
- Prior experience working with PROCOUNT/CARTE/eVIN or similar production system preferred
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel; pivot tables, filters, VLOOKUP’s,
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Solid understanding of production accounting, including allocation methods and reconciliation.
- Must have the ability to prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Must have effective communication skills and the ability to work with field personnel, office staff, and regulatory agencies.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here