Houston, TX Posted: 9/10/2019
The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for:
- Preparing monthly accounting journals for cost allocations, partner billings, and accruals
- Reviewing AFE’s to clear costs to the DD&A pool
- Accumulating data for monthly and quarterly reporting
- Perform reconciliations and ad hoc analysis
- Analyze operations project costs
- Coordinate accounting projects
- Maintain fixed asset depreciation schedules
- Transfer acquired leasehold costs to unproved properties
- Assist with JIB Reverse/Rebills and JIB deck updates
- Other tasks as assigned
This position will entail developing a well-rounded knowledge of the Company's operations, accounting processes and systems, and COPAS accounting guidelines with particular emphasis on joint interest billing, overhead calculation, and cost allocation requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred. A Bachelor's degree in related business field with a minimum of 18 hours of Accounting may be considered.
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- 5+ years upstream Oil and Gas Operations accounting work experience
- Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong familiarity and working knowledge of COPAS operating agreements
- Highly self-motivated with ability to multi-task and meet rigorous deadlines
- Requires accuracy and strong analytical skills
- Proficient knowledge of Windows, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of AS400 system, MS Query, or SQL a plus
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here