Sr. Accounting Clerk
Houston, TX Posted: 9/25/2019
The Senior Accounting Clerk will be a member of EOG’s Accounting Services Team. The primary role of this position will be to record cash receipts associated with oil & gas sales. This will be accomplished via both manual and CDEX processing. This will also require preparation of some journal entries and assisting with other related tasks as may be required.
- Process cash receipts for both company operated and outside operated properties.
- Process revenue batches associated with the cash receipts on outside operated properties.
- Work with Oildex/EnergyLink to obtain needed revenue and JIB data for processing.
- Maintain a monthly log to track both cash and revenue batches, as well as monitor JIB netting on outside operated properties.
- Work with the operations groups in the DSTs when new property numbers are needed.
- Work with Land Administration when new DOI decks are required.
- Work with the revenue accountants in the DSTs to obtain proper coding for cash receipts.
- Timely prepare and submit all revenue and cash receipts supporting documentation.
- Assist with other various related tasks as may be required.
Successful candidate will have 3+ years of oil & gas revenue accounting experience, specifically related to processing cash receipts. Will be proficient in MS Office Software, Excel in particular. Prior experience with JIB netting would be a plus. Requires good analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to meet rigorous deadlines and work well in a team environment. High School diploma or GED required.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here