Safety & Environmental Specialist
Cheyenne, WY Posted: 3/10/2020
EOG Resources, is seeking an Environmental Specialist to join our EHS team. This position will report to the Division Environmental Manager and will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced oil and gas environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting implementation of environmental programs for compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry (experience with midstream operations is preferred as well). The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: spill response and remediation support; air compliance inspections, air permitting support, SPCC compliance inspections and plan upkeep, due diligence support, storm water inspections, site inventory, site diagram development, avian and wildlife protection, waste management including TENORM survey, support agency compliance inspections and audits, various sampling support of environmental media and oversight of general housekeeping of operations as pertaining to environmental quality and protection. This position requires recurring work outdoors, exposure to inclement weather and frequent travel to the field/facility sites (20% office, 80% field work). Broad knowledge of federal and state environmental laws and regulations is required, and experience with agency personnel and reporting programs is preferred. We are looking for a self-motivated, hard-working team player who pays close attention to detail. The position requires an individual who is personable and works effectively with others at all levels from lease operator to field drilling, completion and production superintendents. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working alone while being fully capable of working within a team and interdisciplinary setting. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential. The successful candidate will demonstrate that he or she can take ownership of the job responsibilities and hold themselves accountable for their successful completion.
- Promote environmental awareness at all levels of field management and operations including recurring monthly training of field operation personnel on various standard and/or emerging environmental matters;
- Maintain a current working knowledge of environmental regulations pertinent to oil and gas operations and respective to relevant federal, state and local jurisdictions;
- Demonstrated ability to perform field environmental activities which may include compliance inspections, sampling various media, well gauging, GPS surveying, oversight of monitor well installation and remedial activities;
- Use of various technologies including FLIR to evaluate and inspect sites for internal and agency purposes of compliance and process improvement;
- Operational knowledge sufficient or demonstrate mechanical aptitude to provide minor maintenance support to operations in support of compliance programs (i.e. air quality, SPCC and storm water) and applicable repair deadlines;
- Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare deliverable/reports for required or necessary internal or agency purposes;
- With the support of the Air team, advise production operations and facility engineers on permitting requirements and obligations, emission control options, facility design and air compliance documentation;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong problem solving abilities;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships, manage multiple responsibilities and meet often aggressive project/deliverable deadlines;
- Develop site facility/security diagrams and record equipment inventories to support various compliance programs (ex. air permitting, GHG, SPCC) using a strong knowledge of oil and gas operations and processes;
- Help maintain a variety of plans, including, but not limited to: SPCC, storm water, due diligence, waste management and other related compliance plans;
- Efficiently input, monitor and trend variety of environmental data to inform and support development of proactive programs of prevention, compliance and operations management;
- Support annual implementation of internal audit program to maintain comprehensive compliance of operations within the basin;
- Attend industry trade group meetings and participate in industry regulatory efforts;
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to prevent, respond, mitigate and remediate impacts associated with operational spills and leaks including preparation of spill notifications and reports to the applicable agencies;
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree in environmental science, engineering or a related technical field preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of oil and gas related environmental experience preferred
- Proficient use of PC-based applications (MS Office including Visio) is required
- Highly comfortable using a variety of information systems and advance technologies
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here