Houston, TX Posted: 1/28/2020
The primary focus is to process payroll and time and attendance data timely and accurately. Position requires total ownership of all payroll duties, day-to-day interaction with employees as well as close interactions with members of HRIS, HR, Benefits, Accounting, Tax and Finance.
- Responsible for the preparation, processing and reconciliation of biweekly payroll for over 2500 employees and Expatriates
- Responsible for processing out of sequence payrolls as needed
- Assist in maintaining accurate payroll records and providing documentation as needed
- Responsible for maintaining time and attendance system, ensuring proper use of pay codes, overseeing employee and supervisory sign-offs and exporting data for payroll
- Prepare and enter or batch import payroll data into ADP EV5
- Provide support for and respond to inquiries from HR, employees and supervisors regarding time and payroll matters
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and Federal wage and hour laws, EOG Time and Attendance Policy, EOG defined payroll audit processes and EOG SOX Processes
- Assist in preparation of management reports as needed utilizing ADP Reporting/Insight and time and attendance system
- Critically review and analyze current payroll and tax procedures in order to recommend changes leading to best-practice operations
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Mentor peers
- Assist in the roll-out of new system or process
- 5+ years of multi-state payroll experience required
- Solid knowledge of ADP payroll processes and procedures with strong experience with ADP EV 5.04, ADP Adjustmate, and ADP Reporting/Insight required
- Experience with working in a confidential environment and ability to maintain confidential data
- CCP, CPP or ADP certifications desired
- Prior HRIS experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail within tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Excellent judgment and knowledge of best practices
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Interest and desire in system and process improvement
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree a plus
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here