Solutions Analyst I
Houston, TX Posted: 1/27/2020
The Solutions Analyst is responsible for support, maintenance, and enhancement of all production management and hydrocarbon accounting systems. The systems include field data capture automation and processing, data allocation, and enterprise reporting. The Solutions Analyst works with operational organizations at each division and with other IT groups to support and maintain accurate reporting of production and sales volumes on a daily and monthly basis. The Solutions Analyst works in collaboration with project teams to analyze, develop, and implement single step and complex, multi-phase systems. These projects include application enhancements, division-specific solution implementations, new system development, and interdepartmental IT initiatives. This position requires some domestic travel, at less than 25%.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Provide technical support to system users
- Work with team to triage day-to-day production issues and identify short term/long term fixes
- Track and appropriately escalate production issues
- Support application releases and change management functions
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive administrator documentation
- Support corporate proprietary and 3rd-Party purchased applications
- Identify, Document, and Report software bugs/functionality issues to vendors and monitor for corrective action
- Interface between business users, tech support, IT project managers and software vendors, including training and workshop facilitation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Accounting preferred
- Oil & Gas Industry familiarity, with an understanding of hydrocarbon production accounting preferred
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with the following preferred:
- P2/Merrick Suite including ProCount, Carte, eVin, PetroRegs, and auxiliary modules
- The gathering and documentation of business requirements, querying, report writing, and presenting data
- Working knowledge of relational databases—Oracle, SQL Server
- Working knowledge of query/reporting tools—SSIS/SSRS, TOAD, Crystal Reports/Business Objects, SpotFire
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products: Word/Excel/Access/Visio
- QC/QA software testing procedures
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here