Production Accounting Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK Posted: 2/6/2024
- Heavy analytical, problem solving, and technical skills. Understanding of gathering and processing operations in the field and translate into a gathering system design within the production accounting system that will ensure accurate volume calculations.
- Develop complete understanding of ProCount software functionality and provide support and guidance on gathering system set-ups to production accounting team.
- Identify solutions to improve current processes by using knowledge of technological tools and workflows. Requires a complete analysis of existing system set-up, recommendation, and implementation of measures to improve performance and ongoing monitoring of system performance.
- Develop audit-traps that will provide real-time identification of issues related to the flow of data between system interfaces.
- Establish system performance benchmarks and develop tools for monitoring and improving ongoing performance.
- Work regularly with technical support group to ensure database is functioning properly and efficiently.
- Joint effort with technical support in implementation of software upgrades which include developing and implementing testing plans of new versions of software as they become available. SOX documentation of testing.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills. Job will require working with field and other division personnel along with management, as well as, corporate revenue group.
- Will be required to train field personnel in production reporting and systems.
- Maintain reports designed to perform data analysis, audit, and production reporting.
- Technical knowledge of business, analytical, and database tools such as: MS Office, Oracle, SQL Server, Access, Crystal Reports, and Spotfire.
- Provide general support for division personnel, marketing, support team and partners based on production information received and processed.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Business, Accounting or related field is preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years in production reporting and accounting
- Experience focused in oil and natural gas liquids is desired
- Production related regulatory reporting including but not limited to OGOR, OCC, and ODNR
- Knowledge of business processes, policies, strategies, and application of technology to improve processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance standards.
- Expertise in data driven testing. Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- Experience in systems and software testing and troubleshooting.
- Experience with P2 Merrick's ProCount production accounting system is a plus.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here