Houston, TX Posted: 7/26/2021
- Manage the reporting of US international tax aspects, as it relates to US federal compliance.
- Prepare/review US international tax calculations including E&P, Subpart F Income, GILTI Inclusion, FDII, BEAT, foreign tax credit, tax basis, etc.
- Manage aspects of the annual and interim US GAAP income tax provision as well as forecasted tax provisions, as it relates to international operations and tax matters.
- Assist with the process around internal controls, ensuring compliance with existing control requirements as it relates to international income tax accounting matters.
- Lead the Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 withholding and reporting responsibilities of the Company, including form W-8 review and Form 1042 preparation and filing.
- Manage aspects of the foreign income tax compliance and local statutory financial statements with external service providers and/or local country tax managers.
- Assist with both US and international tax audits including the responsibility for communication and response to information document requests as it relates to international tax matters.
- Assist with foreign treasury and cash management activities.
- Assist with special projects such as tax planning, accounting methods, and due diligence efforts on M&A activities or expansion into new jurisdictions.
- Participate in the review of proposed transactions to properly advise management of tax consequences.
- Managing tax legislation updates and evaluating the impact, as it relates to international operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or related field; Master’s Degree in Taxation and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of progressive tax experience.
- Oil and Gas industry experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge base in GAAP financial accounting/ASC 740 and international corporate tax matters.
- Detail-oriented individual who, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills required with the ability to establish priorities of work assignments in order to meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment across various time zones.
- Strong ownership of his/her function complemented by teamwork, urgency, accountability and integrity.
- Manage and mentor international staff – supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate cross-functionally.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Position will be filled at the level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here