Senior Audit Specialist
Houston, TX Posted: 9/14/2021
- Reviews and appraises the adequacy and the application of operating and financial controls to ensure company objectives are met.
- Examines assigned activities throughout the company to determine the extent of compliance with company policies, plans, and procedures.
- Participates in the planning and execution of division and headquarters audit work program.
- Conducts or participates in operator and vendor audits; oversight of third parties performing audits.
- Participates in company SOX 404 testing requirements (internal controls over financial reporting) and developing recommendations as needed.
- Prepares written reports of audit results and reviews the results with appropriate management.
- Makes recommendations for the correction of exceptions noted during the audit and follows up on audit recommendations to ensure implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- A minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in audit and/or oil and gas industry; working knowledge of COPAS, a plus
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Sarbanes Oxley Act, including experience working with SOX 404 documentation and testing requirements is required.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel. Other IT/data analytic skills a plus.
- Certification required (CIA and/or CPA). Other audit certifications a plus.
- Up to 10-15% travel required, mainly in the U.S.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here