Internal Controls Specialist
Houston, TX Posted: 1/13/2022
The Internal Controls department is currently in need of a flexible and detail oriented Internal Controls Specialist. This position will work with other members of the Internal Controls department to assist in the delivery of the internal controls framework across EOG. The framework is comprised of tools and methodologies that enable management to identify control requirements, implement and test the necessary controls, and to report on their subsequent effectiveness. The ability to effectively manage competing priorities and control activities, collaborate across departments, and successfully manage stakeholders are key attributes that a successful candidate will need to demonstrate. This role will include opportunities to support other internal customers as well.
- Analyze the risks and the design of controls around key business processes and provide fundamental guidance on the control environment to the organization
- Work with Process Owners and key business stakeholders to create/update the flowcharts, narratives, control matrices, and training materials
- Support Internal Controls and the Process Owners in the successful execution of the quarterly SOX self-certification process
- Review the Quarterly General Ledger Reconciliations for compliance with the Policy
- Cultivate and maintain a collaborative relationship with Process Owners, Internal Audit, External Audit, and other key business stakeholders to ensure a thorough understanding of the business, relevant financial reporting risks, and core processes
- Assist with special projects as assigned by management, including but not limited to, acquisitions, new business initiatives, and new technology and/or systems in order to assess risks and improve controls
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging issues related to internal controls and internal audit
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers
- Accounting or Financial related degree is required. A Business related degree with a minimum of 18 Accounting hours will also be considered.
- 4+ years' experience in internal controls and audit is preferred
- Ability to analyze requests and make recommendations to improve processes, controls, and training
- Comprehensive understanding of E & P operations
- Strong ability to provide excellent customer service and collaborate across multiple functions and levels of the organization
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Word, Visio, Access, and SQL
- Highly motivated with the desire to make a positive impact and the ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Position will be filled a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4464.
Already have an account? Log in here