Sr. Solutions Analyst
Houston, TX Posted: 4/14/2022
The key responsibilities of a Sr. Solutions Analyst focus on data analysis, the development and customization of analytical tools for accounting and operations, and providing customer support for all assigned software applications. The Sr. Solutions Analyst must work closely with the development, accounting and operations teams to ensure specifications for a software are implemented accurately and presented to end users articulately. This position also requires effective resource management in terms of personnel, hardware, software, budget, and project management for specifically-assigned software applications and projects.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Data analysis
- Customer Support
- Analyzing day-to-day production issues and identify short term/long term fixes
- Tracking and appropriately escalating production issues
- Testing and supporting the deployment of applications
- Supporting application releases and change management functions
- Preparing and maintaining comprehensive administrator documentation
- Supporting proprietary, as well as 3rd-Party software applications
- Identifying, documenting, and reporting software bugs/functionality issues to vendors and monitoring them for corrective action
- Creating specifications for new or existing products
- Creating/using SQL queries for issue resolution and reporting
- Interfacing between business users, tech support, IT project managers and software vendors, including training and workshop facilitation
- Manage Projects by coordinating with Users, Developers and various other groups.
- Know, practice, and enforce the relevant IT policies and procedures
- Act as a Team Leader by coordinating with Users, Developers and various other groups a plus.
- Organize a project in it's entirety and articulate the project as a logical sequence of executable tasks a plus.
- Provide strategic planning that meets corporate goals and objectives a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Science, or Information Systems preferred
- 5 plus years experience in Accounting or Information Systems
- Familiarity with the Oil & Gas industry a must
- Excellent team leadership/project management skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to Gather and document business requirements, develop system specification documents, and design workflow charts and process maps
- Experience with QC/QA software testing procedures plus
- Working knowledge of query/reporting tools such as TOAD, Crystal Reports/Business Objects, SQL, and Spotfire
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products: Word/Excel/Access/Visio/Project
- Working knowledge of relational databases-Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with Oil & Gas Accounting and/or Financial Reporting, Python, Elasticsearch, and or MEMSQL a plus
- Experience with Accounts Payable and Concur a plus
Position will be filled a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here