Senior Production Accounting Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK Posted: 8/10/2022
- Heavy analytical, problem solving, and technical skills. Must be able to understand gathering and processing operations in the field and translate into a gathering system design within the production accounting system that will result in the correct volume calculations.
- Develop complete understanding of ProCount software functionality and provide support and guidance on gathering system set-ups to production accounting team.
- Identify solutions to improve current processes by using knowledge of technological tools and workflows. Requires a complete analysis of existing system set-up, recommendation and implementation of measures to improve performance and ongoing monitoring of system performance.
- Develop audit-traps that will provide real-time identification of issues related to the flow of data between system interfaces.
- Establish system performance benchmarks and develop tools for monitoring and improving ongoing performance.
- Work hand-in-hand with EOG's Houston IS Group to ensure database is functioning properly and efficiently.
- Implementation of software upgrades. Work with Houston IS to develop and implement testing plans of new versions of software as they become available in order to keep our system upgraded to insure Division benefits from every available feature. SOX documentation of testing.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills. Job will require working with field and Division personnel and management, as well as, Houston revenue group.
- Will be required to train field personnel in production reporting and systems.
- Maintain reports designed to perform data analysis, audit, and production reporting.
- Technical knowledge of business, analytical, and database tools such as: MS Office, SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Access, Crystal Reports, and Spotfire.
- Provide general support for DST, division personnel, EOGM, and partners based on production information received and processed.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Business, Accounting or related field is preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- 8+ years in production reporting and accounting
- Experience focused in oil and natural gas liquids is desired
- Production related regulatory reporting, PR, T1, P18, OGOR, OCC 1004, and R3
- Knowledge of business processes, policies, strategies, and application of technology to improve processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance standards.
- Expertise in data driven testing. Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- Experience in systems and software testing and troubleshooting.
- Experience with P2 Merrick's ProCount production accounting system is a plus.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here