Midland, TX Posted: 2/16/2023
This position is responsible for the supervision and management of compression operations in an assigned area within the Permian basin. Role is responsible for personnel supervision, daily operations, maintenance activities, and regulatory compliance. Position will interface routinely with engineering, production operations, contract service providers, environmental, regulatory, and safety departments. Ideal candidate will possess a broad knowledge of compression operations, environmental regulations, and safety regulations. Position will be based in EOG's Permian basin operating area. Frequent travel to field locations will be required. Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
- Serve in a safety leadership role; leading and mentoring the organization.
- Manage compressor station operations and financials in the Delaware basin.
- Supervise and train station operators, mechanics, and technicians as assigned.
- Work in coordination with the environmental and regulatory departments to ensure compliance with all prescribed regulations and requirements.
- Work closely with management, engineering, contract service providers, and support staff to optimize operations and enhance safety performance.
- Lead efforts to minimize downtime and promote financially sound operational practices.
- Manage and track operating expenses for compressor stations, compressor packages, and auxiliary equipment.
- Manage bidding of equipment and services.
- Manage the forecasting of replacement parts and company inventory.
- Provide technical guidance and assist with troubleshooting as required to maintain mechanical equipment in a safe and operationally sound manner.
- Coordinate major overhauls with operations and heavy maintenance team.
- Take active leadership role in preventive maintenance and mechanical integrity programs.
- High School diploma.
- 5+ years of oil and gas compression experience.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Strong reciprocating compression experience required.
- Turbine powered centrifugal compression experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in all areas of maintenance, operations, and troubleshooting.
- Working understanding of instrumentation and Scada systems.
- Self-starter who is able to lead and work within a diverse team.
- Must have strong computer skills i.e. MS Office Suite.
- Must be able to climb stairs, lift 50 lbs and efficiently perform assigned duties.
- Required to be on-call 24 hours when needed.
- Must be able to work independently and with others.
- Must have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a highly innovative, fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here