Senior Production Accounting Analyst
Midland, TX Posted: 1/10/2023
The Production Accounting Analyst is responsible for accurate daily and monthly oil, gas, and water volumes used for oil & gas well operational decisions, royalty settlement and state and federal regulatory reporting. Activities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Setup and maintenance of well and facility design used to calculate and allocate production and sales volumes within the P2 ProCount production accounting system.
- Interfacing with facilities, production, and measurement groups to understand field facility and measurement design.
- Collaboration with field personnel to insure timely and accurate reporting and transmission of field operational and production data.
- Analysis and reconciliation of daily and monthly oil, gas, and water volumes utilized by management and production operations personnel.
- Monthly volume reporting used for accounting accruals, revenue distribution and cost allocations.
- Gas gathering and gas lift distribution balancing, identification and analysis of discrepancies, variances, and imbalances.
- Validation and reconciliation of purchaser oil statements to daily/monthly trucked oil run tickets. Balancing truck run volumes with terminals and other off-load sites.
- Understanding of natural gas liquid, gas processing plant shrink and yield factors and general gas and crude marketing activities.
- Research, analysis, and compilations of volume data as requested by management or operations groups.
- Preparation and submission state and federal regulatory filings, including new emissions reporting requirements.
- Ensure all related processes are compliant in accordance with SOX controls and guidelines.
- Assist with the integration of property acquisitions and divestitures as it relates to production data.
- Participate in reporter training sessions with Lease Operators.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related discipline preferred.
- 5-10 years upstream production analyst, accounting, regulatory reporting experience.
- Experience using P2 ProCount, Cygnet SCADA, and FlowCal preferred, comparable systems experience will be considered.
- Solid understanding of production accounting, including allocation methods and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of complex production allocations, crude and condensate measurement and characteristics, natural gas liquids, and gas processing.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in using interactive databases, query and report writing, Excel pivot tables, filters, VLOOKUP's,
- Proficient analytical skills and problem-solving.
- Aptitude for recognizing, recommending, and implementing process improvements.
- Self-motivated with accomplished leadership skills, team player, comfortable working under pressure, and dedicated to team development.
- Ability to work effectively across departments, with all levels of the organization, to prioritize workload, and work with minimal supervision.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with field personnel, office staff, and regulatory agencies.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here