Safety & Environmental Specialist
San Antonio, TX Posted: 2/1/2023
This position's primary responsibilities will include:
The Safety Leadership Instructor is primarily responsible for developing and facilitating training programs for office and field staff at all levels of the organization. Reporting to the Corporate Safety & Environmental department, this position will play an integral role in facilitating safety leadership training, developing new programs, and coordinating training with third-party vendors. This position will be located in the San Antonio area but must be willing to travel to various divisions as needed to conduct training and in-field coaching.
- Applicants should have a working knowledge of Safety Leadership and classroom facilitation skills.
- Analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate learning content and program needs, including working with Human Resources Department or management to identify skills gaps and determine training needs
- Facilitate training using various methods of delivery, including in-person, virtual, or e-Learning based training
- Apply adult learning theory to create content that meets clearly defined objectives
- Update, manage, and maintain existing training content
- Provide guidance and advise on appropriate learning and competency strategies, processes, and tools
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the classroom environment. (English and Spanish preferred)
- General understanding of different learning styles and be able to implement them as needed to effectively deliver the content of the training.
- Previous practical experience in the oil and gas extrication industry including Drilling and Completions required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 60%.
- Work with divisional leadership to coordinate and schedule classes and field visits.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
10+ years' experience in Safety & Environmental, with oil and gas industry experience preferred. Bachelor's degree in Safety, Environmental or related field preferred; high school diploma or GED required. Strong technical knowledge. Broad knowledge of safety and environmental laws and regulations. Must be computer literate with excellent communications and analytical skills. Ability to work effectively with others at all levels. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to exercise sound judgment.
Position will be filled a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here