Sr. Solutions Engineer
Houston, TX Posted: 6/8/2023
The Sr. Solutions Engineer will be primarily responsible for hydrocarbon production accounting systems including field data capture, automation, allocation, and reporting, as well as the customer support of these systems. They will work closely with division operation organizations and other IT teams to ensure continued effective delivery of accurate hydrocarbon accounting volumes daily. The Sr. Solutions Engineer expected to be an effective resource manager and manage complex, multi-department projects effectively and efficiently. Other key responsibilities will include leading efforts in application enhancement, new system development, solution implementation in support of hydrocarbon production accounting systems and other IT project initiatives. A strong understanding of hydrocarbon production accounting concepts is required with the ideal candidate having experience with P2 Merrick application suite. Experience with Federal and State Regulatory Reporting is highly desired.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Resolve customer issues and provide technical support across applications and track solutions end-to-end
- Work with team to triage day-to-day production issues and identify short term/long term fixes
- Track and appropriately escalate production issues
- Testing and deployment of applications
- Support application releases and change management functions
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive administrator documentation
- Support corporate proprietary and Third-Party purchased applications
- Identify, Document, and Report software bugs/functionality issues to vendors and monitor for corrective action
- Create specs for new or existing products
- Approximately 20%, or less, of job is coding
- Interface between business users, tech support, IT project managers and software vendors, including training and workshop facilitation
- Supports 24/7 application operations, requiring participation in an on-call rotation within the team
- Strong understanding of SOX and Change Control processes.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems. Oil & Gas industry familiarity.
5+ years of information systems expertise, including:
- Demonstrated application expertise with P2/Merrick Suite including ProCount, Carte, eVin, PetroRegs, and auxiliary modules
- Gather and document business requirements
- Develop specification documents
- Design workflow charts and process maps
- Working knowledge of relational databases-Oracle / SQL Server
- Working knowledge of query/reporting tools-SSIS/SSRS, TOAD, Crystal Reports/Business Objects, Spotfire
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products
- Working knowledge of Active Directory/LDAP domains
- Understanding of network and database security concepts
- Fluent in VB Scripting, VB, C#, VC a strong plus
- Windows Server and IIS administration
Position will be filled a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here