Houston, TX Posted: 7/24/2023
Based in Houston, Texas and reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer. The Compensation Manager will be a key member of the HR leadership team. This person will have a strong background in compensation and incentive plan design and administration, pay analysis, and project management. Experience with short and long-term strategic compensation goals. The Compensation Manager will be responsible for administering the overall compensation processes and programs and will be partnering with HR and business leaders to attract, retain, and reward our employees.
- Provide expertise regarding the strategic design, communication, and administration of the company's compensation programs, including pay, short and long-term incentives
- Evaluate effectiveness of compensation programs
- Keep abreast of compensation trends and regulations, ensuring that programs and pay actions meet business needs and comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws/regulations
- Oversee the design of compensation programs to address particular market and business needs
- Monitor employee pay to market ratios to ensure compensation competitiveness or recommendations for improvement and assure pay follows applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Oversee benchmarking and survey analyses to determine the competitiveness of pay and programs and provide recommendations for plan design and changes
- Analyze compensation structures and conduct equity analysis of roles in response to changing organizational needs and market values, ensuring the program, merit and promotion budgets and salary structures remain market competitive and are aligned with our overall compensation philosophy
- Provide project-management for compensation processes
- Provide daily subject matter expertise and compliance oversight of the organization's salary administration process
- Evaluate roles within the organization to ensure proper FLSA classifications
- Ensure executive compensation plans remain competitive and compliant with all legal requirements
- Build, develop, and retain a talented and engaged team of HR professionals
- Ensure that our values and culture are reflected in decisions, programs, and processes
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent experience, demonstrating solid quantitative skills
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in the analysis, design, and administration of compensation programs, with at least two years in leadership role
- Demonstrated knowledge of total compensation theory, job classification principles, and job evaluation methodology
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. federal and state regulations around compensation practices
- Experience in the collection, analysis, and determination of market salary and total compensation data
- Experience with pay structure automation and online salary/merit administration and performance management process
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all matters
- Strong organizational skills to manage projects from concept to finish
- Strong interpersonal/collaboration skills; ability to interface with all levels within the organization and external partners
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here