Staff Title Analyst
Houston, TX Posted: 8/3/2023
EOG's Land Administration department is seeking an experienced oil and gas title professional to fill the position of Staff Title Analyst, Owner Relations. The primary purpose of the Staff Title Analyst, Owner Relations is to support EOG's leasing, operations, and production objectives by fielding land and royalty related owner inquiries. The ideal candidate for this position will possess 7+ years' experience working in a landman or division order analyst role in which they regularly communicated with interest owners for the purpose of title curative and/or royalty related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with owners to timely resolve interest inquiries and obtain necessary documents for ownership changes. Inquiry topics include, but are not limited to, calculation of net revenue interest, joint interest billing concerns, explanation of title requirements for payment, interest conveyances, probate/heirship requirements, the voiding and reissue of rental/royalty checks, and the handling of suspended/escheatable funds.
- Work collaboratively with owner relations teammates, title analysts, and management to ensure timely and proactive responses in adherence with the exemplary level of owner communication that EOG strives to provide.
- Efficiently use numerous inhouse computer applications, along with various websites, to gather data and provide accurate resolution feedback.
- Log all inquiries, gathered data, resolution feedback, and associated documents in EOG's workflow application. Route inquiries to title analysts for review and input of all ownership updates and changes in the TLS land system.
- Consistently maintain a 'think outside the box' approach in order to identify opportunities for ongoing improvement in EOG's owner relations processes and procedures.
- Collaborate cross-functionally as needed to ensure owner satisfaction and overall company success.
- 7+ years working in a Land or Land Administration role
- Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma or GED required
- Experience analyzing leases and contracts, title opinions, deeds, assignments, probate, and various title curative documents for the purpose of chaining or maintaining interest ownership records
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable and confident in learning new computer applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Possesses excellent analytical, interpersonal, deductive reasoning, and communication skills
- Eager to achieve professional and personal growth by actively participating in training/mentoring opportunities, professional organizations, and industry seminars and conferences
- Proven professionalism in the handling of confidential owner information and proprietary company data
- Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here