Sr. Environmental Compliance Specialist
Midland, TX Posted: 9/7/2023
Generally responsible for environmental compliance activities for divisional facilities in New Mexico and Texas. This position works closely and in conjunction with operations staff and other environmental staff and acts as a liaison between the division and environmental agencies, including coordination of agency inspections and follow-up activities. This position must have a working knowledge and maintain a proficient knowledge of applicable regulations while conducting regulatory assessments of divisional locations.
Scope of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of tools and templates to facilitate and manage the collection of environmental compliance information.
- Carry out implementation strategies for environmental policies, procedures, permits, and regulations.
- Schedule, oversee, complete, and review operational monitoring and associated data as required by environmental permits and regulations
- Review and maintain records required to demonstrate compliance with Federal and State environmental requirements
- Review and submit various environmental reports as required by permits and regulations
- Calculate and estimate actual release volumes by pollutants
- Submit environmental excess emission reports to the appropriate agencies
- Work with other divisional staff to ensure new and modified operations secure the required permits and authorizations.
- Collaborate directly with engineering, operations and other departments.
- Manage field inspections and audits for divisional locations.
- Assist in the improvement of existing compliance programs based on audit results.
- Schedule and conduct environmental training and communicate permitting requirements to EOG personnel
- Other duties as required to support operations with respect to environmental requirements and as assigned by the environmental manager
- Bachelor's degree or an advanced degree in environmental science, applied science, engineering or a related technical field.
- Minimum of 10+ years of related environmental experience, at least 5 years of which is related to conducting air compliance activities and air quality permitting in upstream and midstream environments.
- Working knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations (NSR, Title V, NSPS, MACT, GHG, etc.)
- Capable of performing on-call duties as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prepare reports and other related correspondence, both internal and external
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple concurrent activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated abilities with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) as well as other internal programs as necessary.
- Ability to foster teamwork, cooperation, and collaboration with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
- Be able to perform job functions independently and able to manage and complete assigned duties with limited supervision
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience
EOG resources is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer including veterans and disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here