Solutions Engineer II
Houston, TX Posted: 9/25/2023
EOG is an oil and gas exploration and production company and one of the most prolific drillers of horizontal oil and gas wells in the U.S. Our competitive advantage lies in our focus on organic growth, a strong balance sheet, and rigorous technical understanding of the fields that we operate. To execute on this, we constantly explore for the best rock, in the best plays, at low cost.
Data is at the heart of our exploration process. Our Information Systems (IS) department has developed a full suite of proprietary applications that support our exploration and production efforts with a tech stack unlike anything used by many of our competitors.
About This Role
As a solutions engineer, you'll play a key project management role in growing and expanding our set of proprietary geologic and geophysical (G&G) software.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Working closely with EOG's G&G staff to identify high value software projects
- Defining scope and long-term strategy for EOG's G&G applications
- Participating in the full software development lifecycle by working closely with a team of developers
- Prototyping new features using Tibco Spotfire or Python
- Building out new product specifications and designs on tools such as Figma
- Provide technical support, training, and updates to users
- Provide updates and project proposals to senior management
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study such as geology, physics, petroleum engineering or geological engineering.
- Familiarity with geologic interpretation software such as Petra, Geographix, or Petrel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in software development lifecycles, preferably relating to geoscience
Nice To Haves
- Familiarity with fundamentals of data engineering, including ETL pipelines, API's, and data modeling
- Fundamentals of SQL
- Fundamentals of python or other scripting language
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here