Stanley, ND Posted: 10/9/2023
Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of compressors and engines in the field and in the shop. Directs or performs advanced level activities related to mechanical work on equipment at compressor stations, pipeline, and gathering facilities near Stanley, North Dakota.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform mechanical work on fixed and rotating equipment at various locations including, but not limited to:
- Internal combustion, diesel, natural gas powered engines and electrical drivers
- Compressors, pumps, generators, turbines, valves, electrical equipment, and well equipment
- Direct and Lead operators who would be assisting in the maintenance activities
- Service, troubleshoot, maintain, install and repair structural, mechanical, electrical and/or well equipment. Conduct and interpret performance analyses, including emissions testing
- Train and direct employees involved in mechanical work
- Order and/or secure parts and supplies and maintain inventory
- Drive and ensure maintenance is complete on company vehicles
- Maintain, prepare and/or interpret reports and/or records including, but not limited to:
- Work logs and service orders
- Inspection reports
- Engine/equipment maintenance and repair records
- Pressure readings
- Material and supply orders
- Engine and compressor oil analysis reports
- Support local Denver staff on maintenance tracking and updates
- Responsibilities may include Department of Transportation (DOT) covered functions, including operations, maintenance, or emergency response on a pipeline. Job duties also require the employee to be alert and respond immediately to dangerous or hazardous conditions, and where impaired performance, or failure to follow safety precautions, could result in serious injury or property damage.
- Create and maintain a safe work environment and value safety of yourself and team members above all else
- Assist 3rd party mechanics for larger overhauls
- Experience relative to company and/or governmental operating/safety policies and procedures
- High School diploma or GED required
- 5-10+ years of natural gas compressor experience required
- Additional Education: Natural Gas Compression, Gas/Diesel Engine Trade School or Welding certificate preferred
- Must be able to work alone and as part of a group.
- Must be able to spend 95% of time out in the field
- Strong analysis/comprehension skills, judgement/decision making ability
- Must have strong computer skills i.e. Word, Excel
- Must be able to drive and have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Must be able to climb, push/pull/lift 100 lbs. And carry objects weighing 70 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, crawl, and squat
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold situations
- High exposure to noise, fumes/odors, and hazardous materials
- Must have general understanding of production equipment and gas measurement
- Must be able to operate tools used for engine and gas compressor maintenance. i.e., Calipers, Voltmeter, Feeler Gauges, and Torque wrenches
- Must be able to operate pressurized steam cleaner, air compressors and gas compressors
- Must be able to operate a truck mounted crane
- Must have working knowledge of EMIT Edge NG, EICS, and Adem IV AFRCs
- Must have working knowledge of Murphy TTD and Centurion annunciators.
- Must have working knowledge of Caterpillar 3304, 3306 NA/TA engines
- Must have working knowledge of Gemini M/H-302, CIP PHT/PXT, and Ariel JGQ/JGP compressor frames.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Required to be on-call when needed
- Monday- Friday, 40 hours + willing to respond after hours to call outs/overtime
- Well lit, climate-controlled areas (Frequently)
- Outdoor weather conditions (Frequently)
- Wet or humid conditions (not weather related) (Occasionally)
- Extreme cold (not weather related) (Frequently)
- Extreme heat (not weather related) (Occasionally)
- Dust, fumes, gases (Occasionally)
- Moving mechanical parts (Occasionally)
- Potential electric shock (Occasionally)
- Prolonged exposure to vibration (Occasionally)
- High pitched noises/loud noises (Occasionally)
- Unprotected heights (Occasionally)
- Frequent repetitive motion (Constantly)
- CRT (Computer Monitor(s)) (Constantly)
- Travel to other locations required
- Based on assigned tasks, employee may be assigned a company vehicle requiring the applicable driver's license
- Good driving record required
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-651-6694.
Already have an account? Log in here