Generally responsible for environmental compliance activities for divisional facilities in Wyoming. This position will report to the Division Environmental Manager and will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced oil and gas environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting implementation of environmental programs for compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to the upstream and midstream sectors of the oil and gas industry.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: spill response and remediation support; air compliance inspections, air permitting support, SPCC compliance inspections and plan upkeep, due diligence support, storm water inspections, site inventory, site diagram development, avian and wildlife protection, waste management including TENORM survey, support agency compliance inspections and audits, various sampling support of environmental media and oversight of general housekeeping of operations as pertaining to environmental quality and protection.
This position works closely and in conjunction with operations staff and other environmental staff and acts as a liaison between the division and environmental agencies, including coordination of agency inspections and follow-up activities. This position must have a working knowledge and maintain a proficient knowledge of applicable regulations while conducting regulatory assessments of divisional locations. We are looking for a self-motivated, hard-working team player who pays close attention to detail. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working alone while being fully capable of working within a team and interdisciplinary setting. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential.
This position requires recurring work outdoors, exposure to inclement weather and frequent travel to the field/facility sites (20% office, 80% field work). Infrequent travel to Divisional or Corporate Headquarters may be required.
Scope of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote environmental awareness at all levels of field management and operations including recurring monthly training of field operation personnel on various standard and/or emerging environmental matters.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of environmental regulations pertinent to oil and gas operations and respective to relevant federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform field environmental activities which may include compliance inspections, sampling various media, well gauging, GPS surveying, oversight of monitor well installation and remedial activities.
- Use of various technologies including FLIR to evaluate and inspect sites for internal and agency purposes of compliance and process improvement.
- Operational knowledge sufficient or demonstrate mechanical aptitude to provide minor maintenance support to operations in support of compliance programs (i.e. air quality, SPCC and storm water) and applicable repair deadlines.
- With the support of the Air team, advise production operations and facility engineers on permitting requirements and obligations, emission control options, facility design and air compliance documentation.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships, manage multiple responsibilities, and meet often aggressive project deadlines.
- Develop site facility/security diagrams and record equipment inventories to support various compliance programs (ex. air permitting, GHG, SPCC) using a strong knowledge of oil and gas operations and processes.
- Support maintenance of a variety of plans, including, but not limited to: SPCC, storm water, waste management and other related compliance plans.
- Efficiently input, monitor and trend variety of environmental data to inform and support development of proactive programs of prevention, compliance and operations management;
- Support annual implementation of internal audit program to maintain comprehensive compliance of operations within the basin.
- Attend industry trade group meetings and participate in industry regulatory efforts.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to prevent, respond, mitigate and remediate impacts associated with operational spills and leaks including preparation of spill notifications and reports to the applicable agencies.
- Assist and support air emission testing, notification and reporting as required by federal and state permits and regulations.
- Other duties:
- As required to support operations respective to environmental compliance, and
- As assigned by the environmental manager.